Sunday, June 13, 2010

Its been a while....

Hello!! Sorry it has been a few days. It has been a busy and fun last few days. The first night I was here my host mom made me delicious food- if it weren't rude I would have licked the plate. She made this chicken with little bits of crispy pork in it which were so good I was trying to scrape every single last one onto my plate. So what does Fulvia do? Gets the plate and tips it onto my plate, then goes and gets the pan she made it in and does the same thing! Haha, what a great first night!


I had a good first couple of days of school; I had Italian Deaf Culture and Italian so far. My teachers are really nice and Siena is beautiful! My roommates and I went downtown on Thursday night which was a lot of fun! We stayed down there until about 1 and thought there was a bus at 1:10 to bring us home, but we were wrong. So what happened? We walked- about 3 miles up hill!! It was terrible!! But now I know how to walk home if I am ever in a pinch.


Me and my roommate Whitney.

Firday was a short day at school and whereas the rest of our group went to Milan and Venice, Brianne and I decided to go to Pisa! Pisa was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! I loved it :) We were walking down the street and all the sudden, there was the tower. It looked fake! I could not stop telling Brianne how tippy it was, I could just not believe it! We got there in time to climb it- about 300 steps this time so not too bad. When you climb it though, it is the coolest thing, you can actually feel it leaning!! At one point you will be feeling like you are being pushed toward the wall, one way or another, or you will feel like you are climbing directly vertical and other times you will feel like you are falling forward on the steps. It was sooo cool! The top of it was kind of scary because there are steps and then directly after the steps there is the rail, so if you were a clumpsy person yu could trip on the 3rd stair and, I think, just topple right over that railing. Brianne was making fun of my because I was being SO careful! That was the top and then there was the top-top. Brianne stood on one side and I stood on the other and it was like I was on another level above her. It was so interesting. We sat up there and took in the view for about an hour or a little more and then we had a TON of fun "holding up" and "pushing over" the tower. See below----










































Saturday we woke up, went to see the tower one more time, cause it was just that cool, and then went to the beach. It was a beautiful beach too! The water was really chilly but we decided to get in anyway because how many times will we get to swim in the ocean off Italy?? Out of the hundreds of people on that beach, the one annoying group of Americans sat right next to us. Brianne said, "It was like the smelled us or something!" It didn't ruin my experience but it would have been nicer without them.



Then Brianne and I headed home, washed off and got read to go watch the game! It was really fun to be in a place that LOVES soccer. At home there are people that love soccer but I don't think we are a country that loves soccer. We got downtown a little after the game started and it was near impossible to find a pub or restaurant to sit in; everyone was crammed in watching the TV. Our waiter was really ncie and spoke English so well that I told him to give my his favorite meat dish- so he brought me veal. It was delicious.












For about a week now, I have consistently had a runny and/or stuffy nose that I thought were allergies. And although allergies might play some role in it, last night I thought maybe it was a cold so I decided to 'allow myself to sleep until at least ten!' So I slept until ONE!!! Fulvia thought it was funny that she was eating lunch and I was eating breakfast. But, I feel a lot better today, so it was well worth it! For the rest of today I will be doing homework and then tomorrow I will start my first full week of school. Bye for now!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great re-cap!!! I love the Pisa photos...the view alone looks well worth the climb.

    ReplyDelete