Saturday, June 5, 2010

Arrival

Buenosera! It has been a long day in Italy. My plane ride was fine. In the seatback in front of me I was watching our plane on a map so every time I woke up I knew how close I was. This is a picture of my very first glimpse of Italy—isn’t it gorgeous??? The water is beautiful and there were so many boats. I could not help but have a HUGE grin on my face. As did I when I stepped off the plane and everyone was speaking Italian- what a beautiful language.



I got a decent amount of sleep on the plane ride over but by the afternoon became extremely exhausted. I had a few bumps in the road today; not being able to find my luggage immediately, not being able to find my friend immediately, and missing one train by about ten minutes and I had to wait 2 hours for the next one! But, besides all of those little things, Italy is wonderful. The countryside was beautiful from Rome to Florence.



Brianne and I went from the train station to our hostel and then to dinner; that is all we had time for really. Dinner- Oh My Gosh- was sooo good! I had the homemade spaghetti with black truffle, parmesan cheese in a cream sauce. The noodles were so tasty- fat and soft. With dinner I had a glass of the Chianti classico- I thought it was appropriate due to my proximity. Brianne had the gnocchi with bacon, spinach and ricotta cheese; also very delicious! We were so full from dinner we decided to skip the gelato for tonight but I am planning on trying as many flavors as possible.




Tomorrow we plan to go see all the touristy things and hopefully find some less touristy spots as well. More then, ciao.

2 comments:

  1. Dinner looks amazing! I am so glad I get to read about your travels. I talked with Dad yesterday and he said you had a small problem on the train...ALWAYS call Dad for that stuff! I would be of no service to you. : ) hahahaha Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way....Evan says that we should try to skype because it is free and we can see each other...if you want to tell me a time we could meet on Skype!

    ReplyDelete